According to _________ a ”criminal gang” is a formal ongoing organization, association, or group that has as one of its primary activities the commission of criminal or delinquent acts.
A marking on a wall, fence, or the ground that identifies STG territory is known as ________.
Extremism is a term used to
When dealing with substance abuse, substances can be
The Florida Comprehensive Drug Abuse Control Act, s. 893.01 F.S. dictates that
STG can commit the same crimes in the facility they commit outside of the facility such as
Examples of Non Traditional STGs
Some characteristics of STG
Buck, Buck mean run, get away, leave
The Florida Comprehensive Drug Abuse Act F.S.
1. These Societies are not absolute, they are often hybrids of multiple racial groups, and often do not reflect a single race.
2. Inmates with similar medical issues will align themselves with others who share the same medical issues. Name some of these issues?
3. Some inmates from similar socio-economic groups will cluster and sometimes control certain activities within the inmate population with
4. Inmate societies may follow a hierarchical leadership where there is clearly a defined leader, sub-leaders, and followers. Different situations such as _____, ______, ______, changes in the availability of assets, or _______, can erode the hierarchy on a regular basis.
5. Classifications of inmates an officer will encounter routinely, each of which requires different interactions or services from the officer.
STG’s can commit the same crimes in the facility they commit outside of the facility, which of the following crimes can be committed?
Traditional STG’s have a documented history, a written set of violations, and can have an organizational structure.
According to s. 874.03, F.S., a “criminal gang” is an informal ongoing organization, association, or group that has as one of its primary activities the commission of criminal or delinquent acts.
Noted STGs represented in a correctional setting can include the following:
Inmates can deliver messages through sign language and written code sent by fishing or the United States Postal Service.
The use of any substance, manmade or natural, that alters the mood or state of mind of the user. These substances can be inhaled, ingested, injected, or absorbed.
The officer needs to make special considerations when monitoring inmates who have problems with substance abuse.
Inmates under the influence of _____have a high potential to _____self-harm, such as banging their heads on hard objects, biting or hitting themselves, or attacking others.
Inmates under the influence of controlled substances have a low potential to commit self-harm, such as banging their heads on hard objects, biting or hitting themselves, or attacking others. a. True
Some symptoms that inmates display when abusing substances, withdrawing from substance abuse or going through the process of detoxification can be unresponsive/ dead
1. In democratic societies, individuals or groups that advocate the replacement of the democracy with an authoritarian regime are usually branded _________________
2. Constantly observing Inmate STG behavior is essential to a safe and secure operation of the
There are different structures associated with STGs. In this structure the leaders will often meet to consult with one another, common to the more non-tradition, national gangs:
During cell or area searches, the officer should look for a shift in contraband such as ____________, cellphones, gang literature and a change in the amount of commissary items
Documenting STG activity provides additional information to contribute to STG databases.